So, my blog vision statement; here I go. I feel the purpose of this assignment as well as what Rhodes alludes to in her reflects my W ST 201 "Outrageous Act". Communication, literature and most forms of expression are restricted mostly to the male population. My Act involved writing letters to the significant women in my life in order to add some positive communication into our relationships. I feel that this is something done too little today.
What I see as usefull and meaningfull about women's writings are the ideas that are passed from woman to women, and the power that comes with that. Blogs and other online womens-centered pages can be a usefull tool into this as it reaches such a wide audience. With this we can influance the way women are positioned in society; even those that do not find anything wrong with society currently. This can be a powerful opportunity of change.
A website that looked to be aimed towards this is feministing
2 comments:
M., hate to be the thorn, but you need to add your colleagues' blog addresses to receive full credit. I'm giving folks some time here, so no worries. I know Mo hasn't sent out the directions yet, but you just click on 'links' and add the addresses to the http slot. HT
I applaud you for opening up the lines of communication with women who are close to you. I agree that acts like this are not done enough in our world today. It seems the majority of female communication today arises from material things (such as clothing) or from a negative and jealous place.
I too like how the blog assignment will be empowering for us and how we can come together to have a positive influence in a male driven domain. Hopefully we can reach a larger audience and be constructive with our message!
Post a Comment